Honor took from Andrew, William, Kate, Anne, Edward, Camilla and Sophie
Saving the shamed Duke of York from embarrassment is supposedly a bid
The Queen and Prince Charles will be the main royals respected with the Union Flag flying over government structures on their birthday celebrations.
In a bid supposedly to save Prince Andrew from shame, the honor was taken from the Duke of York as well as William, Kate, Anne, Edward, Camilla and Sophie.
The public authority choice is accepted to have been settled upon by the 96-year-old ruler, the Sun announced.
Various chambers supposedly said they wouldn’t submit to a standard to fly it for Andrew on his birthday prior this year as a result of the shamed Duke of York’s relationship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his claim with Virginia Roberts.
The Queen’s second son was stripped of his official duties this year after he paid a settlement worth £12million to Virginia Roberts, who accused him of sexually abusing her when she was 17.
The Government publishes a list each year of designated days for the flag to fly over governmental buildings.
Yet the guidance on flags changed in 2022 according to archives of its code on flying the Union Flag, with the alteration meaning the Duke of York’s February 19 birthday is no longer a designated day.
Only Her Majesty and her successor, the Prince of Wales, will have their birthdays marked.
The government said:
‘Since 2021, the default position is the flag flies all year unless another flag is being flown.’
It came as the shamed royal faced further woes yesterday after lawyers for an alleged victim of Jeffrey Epstein threatened to serve him with legal papers.
Representatives for Caroline Kaufman say Andrew was visiting Epstein’s home in New York on the night she claims she was raped by the paedophile financier in December 2010.
They want the Duke of York to provide a statement as a potential witness to events in the Upper East Side townhouse during his visit when he was pictured inside the building.
The civil lawsuit does not accuse the duke of any wrongdoing or allege that he was aware of any attack on Miss Kaufman, who was 17 at the time.
But her lawyer’s comments come just a week after Andrew, 62, was reported to have lobbied the Queen to return his royal duties and ceremonial roles.
Spencer Kuvin, who represents Miss Kaufman, now 28, said he wanted Andrew to give a statement about his visit to the New York townhouse.
‘[William] has strong views on the Duke of York and believes his insistence in trying to cling on to a public role is highly dangerous for the institution,’
The latest accusations come amid rumours Prince William is lobbying the Queen to have his uncle Andrew barred from public life.
‘He has strong views on the Duke of York and believes his insistence in trying to cling on to a public role is highly dangerous for the institution,’
a friend of William told the Daily Mail.
The friend added: ‘He would have cut him loose a long time ago if it had been up to him.
‘He understands that when it comes to mother and son the situation is complicated, but honestly I think he just wishes he would vanish from public view.’
There are fears the friction between the duo of William and Charles and their disgraced relative Andrew could trigger a fallout among the Royal Family during their upcoming summer retreat at Balmoral.